Week NOT TO BE MISSED in Bemidji!
LAKE ITASCA REGION
PIONEER FARMERS SHOW
At Itasca State Park
3 Day Show!
August 18th thru August 20th
Experience farming the way it was done “in the old days” at the three-day 42nd Annual Lake Itasca Region Pioneer Farmers Show reunion. More than two dozen rustic-framed buildings are housed on the shaded, park like 25-acre show grounds, adjacent to the north side of Itasca State Park.
Here you will see log handling via horses, watch lumber sawing on a 95-year-old sawmill, with shingle & lath making demonstrations. Tour the blacksmith shop, 1902 log house, 1937 store, 100-year-old country schoolhouse and 1887 church. Take a ride in a horsedrawn covered wagon, or on the model railroad with steam locomotive large enough to carry passengers.
This family-fun event includes a kids corner, kids tractor pull, broom making and more! Enjoy the daily parades, live music and the Minnesota State Championship Old-Time Tractor Pull!
SCHEDULED EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
– MN State Championship Old-Time Tractor Pull
– Kids Pedal Tractor Pull
– Daily parades
– Horsedrawn log-handling and loading pageantry
– Logging demonstrations
– Lumber sawing and planing demonstrations at a 95-year-old sawmill
– Shingle and lath making demonstrations
– Construction and machinery demonstrations
– Grain threshing and grinding demonstrations
– Gas, steam, and diesel engines (including big upright diesel generators)
– Model and working machinery in operation
– Scale model railroad with steam locomotives to ride in
– Antique tractors and vehicles
– Antique tools
– Broom making workshops
– Daily breakfast and supper at the Biden Center
– Country gospel music show
– Old fashioned country music show
– Glow stick show
– Sunday worship service
– and so much more!
FACILITIES TO TOUR
– 100-Year-Old Rural Schoolhouse
– Anderson’s Engine Shed
– Auditorium Picture Gallery
– Berge’s Hot-Air Building
– Blacksmith Shop
– Busse Display Building
– Country School House
– Fairbanks-Morse Engine Building
– Hemmerich Logging Memorial Building
– Hines Machinery Building
– Levorsen Logging Memorial Building
– Levorsen Sawmill Engine
– Murray-Corliss 340 horsepower Sawmill Engine
– North Itasca Railroad
– 1887 Osage Baptist Church
– 1902 Paulson Log House
– Reid Engine Building
– Sawmill Hill
– Skadsem Engine Building
– Stenseng Engine Building
– Teige Engine Building
– 1937 Wallingford’s Store
– Women’s Activity Building
WHERE TO STAY DURING THIS 3-DAY EVENT
Bemidji, First City on the Mississippi whose headwaters are located in Itasca State Park, has an array of lodgings to meet your exact comfort and budget needs. And when you stay in Bemidji for this getaway weekend, you can also enjoy the many other amenities the area has to offer! Fun on the lake, family-friendly bike trails, and an exciting downtown with the historic statues of Paul and Babe, plus endless options for dining and one-of-a-kind shopping! Learn more by exploring this website!