Arts of the Earth Festival
April 28 @ 10:00 am- 4:00 pm CDT
This is a family friendly event to celebrate art, honor Mother Earth, and inspire the community. This festival brings together people from across Bemidji’s arts and sustainability communities for an Earth Day celebration.
The festival will feature live music, sustainable foods, dancing, hands-on activities and art showcase including musical, poetic, and dance performances.
Workshops will include the following:
• Zero Waste Living by sisters Paige and Maren Carter
• Planning and Packing for the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness by father and son duo, Bruce and Matt Johnson
• Northern Phenology expert, John Latimer, will share his knowledge
• Needle felting by Sharon Nordrum
• Nate Johnson on how to make nettle string and wooden spoons
• Barry Babcock will host two workshops on Wolves and Sugar Bush
A panel of local poets and authors will share their work at 2 p.m. both days and with several documentaries will also be shown. There will be children’s activities provided by the Headwaters Science Center on Saturday.
Musicians will also showcase their talents both days and will include Curtis Takkunen, Del Lyren and Dan Nelson, Caige Jambor, Kylie DeGrote, The Occasionals, and Corey Medina & Brothers.
Location: Beaux Arts Ballroom, upper Hobson Memorial Union. Free admission.