Group Sales Manager
Part-time (30-35 hours per week) position.
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for promoting and selling overnight stays to Bemidji throughout the country to groups defined as from 10 to 1000 people. This position is to maintain relationships with industry providers and partners, pro-actively increasing group visits to Bemidji byfocusing on increasing conventions, meetings and events, group sport events, and group leisure travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB ACTIVITIES
- Assist the Visit Bemidji Executive Director in developing and implementing the marketing plan to increase group visits to Bemidji that include overnight stays.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Bemidji area’s tourism assets including all hotels, attractions, events, conference and sport facilities and services.
- Solicit meeting and convention business by contacting planners and third party buyers associated with the various, targeted group markets. Prepare and develop “Request for Proposal” with planners, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain relationships with viable meeting planners, groups, and organizations to generate leads and/or group bookings with overnight stays in Bemidji and the surrounding area through personal contacts and social media.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, objectives and special projects, such as sales missions, blitzes and telemarketing, as directed and approved by the Visit Bemidji Executive Director.
- Coordinate and arrange site visits and tours for potential group business.
- Use the Visit Bemidji database system to develop client files and ensure these files are kept current, timely, and every correspondence/communication with clients is tracked.
- Input all leads within 24 hours of receipt, with a follow-up to the corresponding hotel sales managers, following established procedures.
- Responsible for Pre Trip reports regarding any travel, planning, attendance and follow-up activities to develop sales leads and generate future business.
- Constant and consistent coordination with lodging sales offices regarding leads generated, future opportunities, what is new and changes in their staff.
- Cooperate and communicate with the Visit Bemidji staff, working together to accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with the Visit Bemidji partners.
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales goals as set by the Visit Bemidji Executive Director.
- Prepare monthly reports on group sales efforts and present at the board meeting.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and training preferred.
- Proven sales success in meeting and or exceeding annual sales goals.
- Hotel, hospitality or CVB/tourism sales experience a definite plus!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to perform well and be diplomatic in a high pressure and complex environment.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals.
- Organizational skills, drive for results with the ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Computer skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Position requires the ability to travel, attend trade shows, and attendance at local and out-of-town social functions required for networking, etc. Overnight stays may be required.
- Requires the ability to conduct tours for potential clients.
- Evening and weekend hours/work required at times over and above the traditional office requirements.
- Ability to maneuver up to 50 pounds of promotional material and/or equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and agree to use of personal vehicle.
- Competitive compensation plus 401K employer match.
- Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail materials to Visit Bemidji • PO Box 66, Bemidji MN 56619 by or before 11.16.16.
- Should your materials meet our criteria, you will be contacted directly.
- No phone calls, please.
About Visit Bemidji We are a non-profit Destination Marketing Organization (DMO).The mission of our organization is to strengthen the region’s economy through the promotion of travel and tourism. For more information, visit our website www.visitbemidji.com